Sunday, January 16, 2011

HEARTS A PLENTY

Just finished my Valentine's Day
garland project.

On New Years Day I said goodbye to all my Christmas decorations.
The bank of windows in my sitting room looked some what
bare after the lights and greenery came down.


I carted a stack of paper strips home from VS that we were
done with. It was much too pretty to wind up
in the trash bin.


To me, the animal print and roses just screamed
Valentine's Day.


I bought some ribbon and started cutting out hearts.
The ribbon I purchased was a thin brown...
it was just not working for me.


I found this wider pink ribbon,
it was just what I needed.


I glued the hearts together, sandwiching the ribbon in between.
Perfect!


It took a while but I finally got it finished.



Up she went.
I had some problems making it hang straight.
Some rigging was called for.


Added bows to the corners,
(the jury is still out on that detail)

secured some of the hearts where I could, then stood back
and took it all in.
I like it.


I decided to do a little side project since I had my
supplies handy.


Why not...right?


I lined the back of this little shelf with a couple sheets
of the pretty paper.
And made a few streamers to hang from it's pegs.


Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

*
I will be linking with some of my favorite parties.
Met Monday
Before and After
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Show and Tell Saturday









7 comments:

  1. Cute project! I like the animal print combined with pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you left a comment on my blog. Love the heart garland! Also - adore the illustration of the different birds on the picket fence. Flowers & birds - can't imagine a world without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute project. Love the leopard print. I really like the white pitchers on the table. Thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the streamers and the garland is something I've always wanted to make for the window above my dresser! You came up with a cute idea! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that paper!!! love free stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling~ the garland looks so sweet draped across that window! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails