Tuesday, September 6, 2011

CASTER BEAN PLANT

My window boxes are soaking up all the much
needed rain...yes Tropical Storm Lee
has reached East Tennessee.


Looking out my window, this small spider catches my eye,
he brings to mind that old song, The Isty Bitsy Spider.
He's holding on for dear life.


I wanted to share with you one of my favorite plants
in my garden...the Caster Bean Plant.


I've gotten a small plant from a fellow gardener the past few years.
They tell me I'm not supposed to have it in my garden here
in Tennessee. The Caster Bean Plant is poisonous
and can be used to make Ricin.
I'm a rebel,
if I got rid of everything that is considered
poisonous I wouldn't have much of a garden.


I did a little research and there is not much chance it will
do any harm...and it does make a statement.


Happy Gardening

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the gardening rebels!--I personally think it's a beautiful plant also :) Love the spider...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to look at your post, but what really caught my eye was your blog banner at the top of the screen. The brightly coloured table and chairs look fantastic with your flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails