Tuesday, October 4, 2011

OLD WOOL SWEATERS...NEW FELTED WREATHS

Talk about refurbishing!



Last winter I read several blog posts about turning
old wool sweaters into
new felted wreaths.


I jotted the idea down in my
inspiration notebook and
was determined to give it a try
this year.


All you need is a washer and dryer
(It works better if you have a top loader).


Some old wool sweaters you don't mind shrinking.
I hit the Goodwill and Salvation Army shops
at the beginning of summer
and picked up several.



Scissors, wire and some time.


Wash your sweaters in hot water
and then dry them.
The more times you run them through
the denser they will become.
That's a good thing.


When they are all done, they look like
baby sweaters, very cute.
Cut them up in squares, I did mine
in approximately two inch squares.
Then you are ready to string them on your wire.


Alternate your colors and create
any pattern you like.


This is a close up of a green one I did





and this is my red and blue one.


It was a fun project and I'm glad I did it.
They are great wreaths for the Winter
months when Christmas is all
packed away.
Happy Felting!

I will be linking with some super parties:
Savvy Southern Style's
Wow Us Wednesday


My Romantic Home's
Show and Tell Friday


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails