Tuesday, September 18, 2012

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEACE

 
This Friday much of the world will be celebrating
The International Day of Peace.
 
 
 
 
 
Some students at our local university,
 ETSU
 are getting involved.
This morning in the Johnson City Press
I read an article about some of
the events the students are planning.
One of the events caught my eye
and made me scream with delight.
 
 
 
Caitlin Cherry and a group of her involved friends
decided to make and disperse, among fellow
students, the "Origami Peace Crane".
They have hopes of creating awareness
of our world's status
and what we can all do to impact it.
 
 
 
  Caitland and her crew have been hard at work making cranes
but they were a little short of their 1000 bird goal.
Nanniepannie to the rescue!
 
 
 
For any of you that read my blog on a regular basis
you know I am a bit obsessed with making
origami cranes.
I was able to donate around 250.
The sad thing about it...
I still have an over abundance of birds
in my home.
 
 
 
 
What can you do
in your world
to foster peace today
and throughout the week?
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Love all the origami birds. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I want to create peace in my house, then only I will be able to share it outside. So yesterday I lit incense and put some nice Sitar music, while dusting the room around. :)I like your origami birds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails